From distributing personal protective gear, such as masks, to implementing temperature checks across our operations in Singapore, here are some of the steps we are taking to keep our employees, associates, and delivery partners safe and healthy.
Amazon associates, employees, and delivery partners working in our operations network are playing a critical role in the current COVID-19 crisis. From processing orders in our fulfilment centres to delivering an order to a customer’s doorstep, or one of the many roles in between, each of them are doing a vital job to ensure that we keep serving our customers in this unprecedented time.
Nothing is more important to us than making sure we protect the health of our teams, and we are committed to continue making changes in our processes at sites and implementing stringent safety measures as we learn more. We have shared details on how we are prioritizing health and safety of our associates and delivery partners earlier on our blog. Here are some of the actions we are taking to ensure the health and safety of our associates:
- Every person must use the Safe entry app when entering and leaving the site.
- We have made masks available daily to all our associates and delivery partners. All associates and delivery partners must wear a mask covering their nose and mouth from arrival through departure at our sites. Delivery partners must also wear a mask when they are out on the road during deliveries.
- Everyone arriving at site is thermal screened at entry. If they have a temperature above 37.5 degrees, they are requested to go home and to see a doctor if they are feeling unwell or have respiratory symptoms. They may return only after 3 days of having no fever or symptoms, or as otherwise advised by their doctor.
- In an effort to maintain safe distancing, per Amazon’s enhanced safety standards everyone is required to maintain a two metre distance between each other, even when moving within the site. This is supported with the help of floor designs across the building.
- Alcohol-based sanitizers are available across our buildings with easy-to-follow instructions on how to sanitize hands.
- Everyone is encouraged to take frequent hand-washing breaks and routinely sanitize their hands.
- To comply with safe distancing guidelines, we have staggered break times so cafeterias and break rooms will can accommodate fewer people at any given point in time. The tables and chairs are also placed such that a 2m distance is maintained between every person.
- Safe distancing ambassadors help coach associates and ensure adherence to the process by all people across the buildings.
- Plexiglas separators have been set up between work stations as an additional layer of protection.
- There is increased cleaning of frequently touched surfaces.
- Token based entry system for delivery partners picking up packages, so they can comply with safe distancing and get out of their car to pick up their parcels only when called.
Masks have also been made available to the Amazon Flex delivery partners, and they are now making no-contact deliveries to customers.
As we learn more from our experience, we continue to explore even more preventative measures to support the health and safety of our employees, associates and delivery partners, who are providing a critical service in our communities.